Spring Cleaning? Check.
As the last traces of winter melt away, we begin to feel the excitement that comes with the first buds of the new season. The warm breezes, the smell of fresh rain, the sounds of birds singing… Spring is a time of renewing, a time to look forward to all the possibilities that lie ahead. Although, in Michigan, winter doesn’t always leave peacefully, in fact, it usually leaves a pretty nasty trail behind, and we are left to pick up after it. If you find yourself standing in winters-wake, with no idea where to start, stay calm… we created a spring-cleaning checklist with some tips and tricks to make this spring-cleaning season a stress-free zone!
• Clean out your refrigerator. Dispose of expired food and clean the shelving.
• Reorganize your cupboards. We all know that you haven’t been able to find the right lid for that Tupperware all winter long.
• Clean your countertops and floors. Make sure to wipe down counters well and sweep away all dust and crumbs before using a cleaning solution.
2. Living Room
• Vacuum and dust all surfaces. It is important to vacuum first, as you will kick up extra dust and dirt that will then need to be dusted….and the only thing worst than dusting once, is dusting twice!
• Clean your carpet and furniture. Use a carpet or fabric cleaner to spot clean any spots and spills that have accumulated over the last 4-6 months.
• Throw away any old lotions or cosmetics that are no longer acceptable to use. Your husband will thank you.
• Deep clean your shower, toilet, mirrors, and sinks. It may be the only time they see this kind of love all year.
• Clean out those closets. If you haven’t worn it in the last year, chances are you don’t need it. Make a pile of those unused clothes and donate them to a local charity or rescue mission.
• Clean your sheets and pillows/pillowcases. We spend over 227,000 hours of our lives in bed, let’s make sure we keep it clean!
5. Windows (this is an indoor and outdoor project!)
• Wash those windows, inside and out. We’re not just talking Windex and paper-towel people, this can cause static to build up on your glass that will eventually attract new dust. And don’t forget those screens, sills, hinges, and tracks.
• If you are looking to save time and sanity, maybe consider leaving this one to the professionals!
1. Clean your gutters!
• Many people assume you can just grab a few handfuls of leaves and call it a day. However, good gutter cleaning is much more extensive and important for the safety of your home. Make sure to inspect thoroughly for leaks and ensure proper drainage to prevent mold, foundation erosion and flooding.
2. Porches, decks, and patios.
• Make sure to sweep these areas thoroughly before you attempt any bigger projects such as staining, priming or painting. Wipe patio furniture down with a wet cloth and a gentle dishwashing liquid/water solution.
• Raking, mowing, gardening, and removing dead branches, etc. can be tedious work. Make it a team effort by getting the kids involved!
4. Windows (this is an indoor and outdoor project!)
a. Wash those windows, inside and out. We’re not just talking Windex and paper-towel people, this can cause static to build up on your glass that will eventually attract new dust. And don’t forget those screens, sills, hinges, and tracks.
We can help with your gutter cleaning, power washing or window washing needs. Don’t hesitate to call us at Absolutely Clean: 616-608-7586